A delicious marmalade with a lovely color, perfect aroma and flavor. Is ideal for toasted breakfast bread and also can be used as filling in cookies, tarts, cake tops.
6 juicy organic and seedless oranges
Sugar, white and brown
Juice of half a lemon
Vanilla essences (optional)
1. Wash oranges and wipe them dry. Cut each orange in half, crosswise around the equator the oranges and then each piece in four.
2. Peel the orange pieces, keeping only the inside. Keep the clay of two oranges, lightly grated fine grater.
3. Cut each rind into slices, using a sharp chef’s knife. Boil the rind for 10 minutes in water, drain.
4. Cut the oranges flesh into slices, collecting all the juice.
5. Measure orange slices and rind in cups and put into a pot. Add equal amount of sugar and orange juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and cook until the peels are translucent, about 20 to 30 minutes.
6. When ready, remove from the heat, add lemon juice, vanilla and place in hot sterilized jars.