Saturday, February 11, 2012

Easy Feta Cheese Tart

A quick and easy recipe using your favorite Greek dairy products, olives and fresh herbs. Can be used as an assortment or a snack.




The Ingredients

2 cups fresh milk
2 cups Greek yoghurt
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 fresh eggs
2 cups Greek Feta cheese, grated
½ cup Greek black olives, pitted and halved
2 cups self rising flour
2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon sesame seeds or black cumin

Instructions

1. Preheat oven at 200 ° C (400 ° F).

2. Mix in a medium size bowl Feta cheese, chopped mint, yogurt, eggs (lightly beaten) and milk. Stir well to combine.


3. Add salt and pepper to taste, half of olive oil and gradually the shifted flour. (Add ½ cup more if required to make creamy).



4. Oil a large baking tray (Use the remaining oil).
Spread the mixture and make flat using a spoon and sprinkle with sesame seeds or black cumin.



 
5. Bake pie for 45-50 minutes until golden brown.

6. Remove from oven, let cool, cut in shares and serve.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice tart. I love the combination of flavours. This one is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alida, appreciate!
      Have a nice new week from tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. I really love this recipe, crust and filling all in one?...wow! easy, delicious, and unusual!
    The only thing is: to be careful with the salt. The olives, feta cheese, and the self-rising flour all have salt. I would not add any extra salt to the ingredients. Love the combination, of the filling. I think I would make my own crust separately, and for sure use your yummy filling, to see how that would turn out?

    BTW-Helen, I'm following your blog, and invite you to do the same! Sorry abt. not promoting the Liebster blog award...but they are exclusively for new blogger~so congratulations on you getting the award:DDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love feta cheese but I only use it for my salads, never thought about making a cheese pie it would be simply great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...looks as something I want to make for a party at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So easy yet delicious!! Hugs Helen!

    ReplyDelete